My Blog List

Monday, June 20, 2011

Measuring Equivalents

Following a recipe to its exact measurements will give you the most successful results in the end.  Having said that, most of the time I do not follow my own advice!

Because I often create my own recipes, I am always changing ingredients around.  When I finally come up with a recipe that I am happy with, I may even change it again the next time I make it. 

If you are one of those people who enjoys coming up with your own recipes, it it very helpful to know measuring equivalents.  Baking does require the most accurate measuring to be successful.  I keep the following list of measuring equivalents posted on my refrigerator for easy access when I need a little help:


Measurement Equivalents


1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons


1/16 cup = 1 Tablespoon


1/8 cup = 2 Tablespoons


1/6 cup = 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons


1/4 cup = 4 Tablespoons


1/3 cup = 5 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon


3/8 cup = 6 Tablespoons


1/2 cup = 8 Tablespoons


2/3 cup = 10 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons


3/4 cup = 12 Tablespoons


1 cup = 48 teaspoons


1 cup= 16 Tablespoons


8 fluid ounces = 1 cup


1 pint = 2 cups


1 quart = 2 pints


4 cups = 1 quart


1 gallon = 4 quarts


Happy baking,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment