My Blog List

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baking with Your Kids

I remember when my daughter was little and used to love decorating cookies with me during the holidays.  As she grew older, she lost interest.  I was hoping that she would want to continue to learn how to bake like I did as a child.  But her creativity went in another direction.  She was to be an artist.


Holly is now a graphic arts college student.  So when she asked me if she could make some cupcakes one day, I was thrilled!  Everyone kept telling me that she would come around some day.  With her creative hand, she produced beautiful cupcakes.  I had to capture the moment on film.





















How did she do it, you ask?  She used a box of Funfetti cake mix and a can of chocolate frosting.  Kids have to start somewhere, don’t they?

I have never been more proud of my daughter and her talent as an artist.  Here is a sample of her work: 



























I am a huge advocate for teaching kids how to bake and spend time in the kitchen.  Even though my daughter never offers to bake with me in the kitchen, I still invite her in to watch.   My mom not only let me in the kitchen, she let me take over once in a while.  Passing on tried and true recipes to your children is the only way to preserve them.

Happy baking,
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment