My Blog List

Monday, April 2, 2012

Another "Taste of Home" Recipe to Share

Last week I attended the Taste of Home Cooking School in Omaha and was thrilled to have won a door prize.  It was a new edition of the Taste of Home Cookbook.  Inside the binder was a bonus book  with 125 best-of-the-best contest winning recipes.  As I flipped through it, I saw one of my recipes that I sent in to their "Cookbook Recipe Contest."  Taste of Home will occasionally publish recipes that did not win the top prize in a contest, but attracted their attention anyway.  I was surprised when I accidentally came across one of my recipes in the book!

I don't have a picture of the cookies, but wanted to share the recipe with you.  It looks like the Taste of Home economists doubled my recipe.  This amount will make plenty for a crowd.  You can even make the cookies a little smaller to get even more.  Here is how they published my recipe:


Caramel-Cashew Dark Chocolate Chippers


4 cups of salted cashews

1 cup of sugar

1 cup of packed brown sugar

1 cup of butter, softened

1 can (13.4oz.) dulce de leche

4 eggs

1/3 cup of buttermilk

2 teaspoons of vanilla

5 cups of biscuit baking mix

2 – 12oz. packages of dark chocolate chips

Additional sugar


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.


Place cashews and sugars in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped.


In a large bowl, beat butter and dulce de leche until blended.  Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.  Combine baking mix and cashew mixture; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).


Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls 4 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets (or use a non-stick silicone mat).  Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in additional sugar.  Flatten cookies with prepared glass to 2 ½” circles, re-dipping in sugar as needed.


Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown.  Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.


Makes 3 dozen



That makes four recipes that I know of!  It's such a thrill and an honor to have my recipes recognized by a national cooking magazine.  It makes all of the time I spend creating new tastes well worth the effort.  I hope you will enjoy it, too!

Happy Baking,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment