My Blog List

Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Cups with Strawberries















With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought I would share an idea I had several years ago.  This one is so easy that you don't even need a recipe.  One component you need is some prepared chocolate mousse.  Because there are zillions of recipes for chocolate mousse, use your all-time favorite, or purchase some already made.

Now for the fun part.  The diamond-shaped chocolate cups really make this treat special.  I am not a fan of silicone baking pans, but I do like the silicone baking cups for molding the chocolate.  They come in several different shapes.  I happened to have the diamond shaped ones in my cupboard.  Just melt some of your favorite chocolate.  I used dark chocolate, but feel free to try milk or even white chocolate if you like.  You will need a small paint brush, clean and unused.  Working quickly, paint the insides of the molds with the melted chocolate.  Set them on a tray and refrigerate to help set the chocolate faster.  Once they are firm, carefully peel back the molds.  The chocolate cups should come out effortlessly.  Here is a picture of the silicone molds from the Sweet Baking Supply Company:




Now you can fill or pipe the chocolate mousse into the molded cups.  Garnish with fresh whipped cream and strawberry slices.  For fun you can make chocolate butterfly wings to garnish the top.  Fill a piping bag with some melted chocolate. Use a writing tip to make wing shapes on a piece of waxed paper.  Let the wings firm up before using.  I also lightly dusted the plate with cocoa powder for a nice touch.

I hope you will serve this easy, but impressive dessert to your loved ones on Valentine's Day.  It's a nice change of pace from the usual boxed chocolates.  (which by the way, I would not pass up either!!)

Happy Baking,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment